My wardrobe varies from year to year, but one of my most consistent style traits is the overwhelming need to revamp what’s inside my closet at the start of the New Year. The sparkle and bling of the holiday season is instantly replaced with the simplicity of white skinny jeans, a tan trench coat and a handbag that can carry me through all four seasons. When it comes to style I believe in simple yet luxurious products with clean lines and an occasional touch of whimsy.
For 2014, I have chosen my top 10 items that will revitalize you and your wardrobe and complement your existing pieces.
1. Loeffler Randall Charlotte D’Orsay pumps can be worn with a cocktail dress or jeans, and they bring the aforementioned touch of whimsy to your wardrobe. Anyway, leopard print is practically a neutral now.
2. This 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Medium Satchel is beautiful and stylish and can be worn from day to night and from spring to fall. I’m sold. When you invest in a luxurious handbag, don’t forget to take care of it. My Purse Pillow products help to preserve the shape of your handbag and protect it against moisture. You can find the Purse Pillow here: www.LAClosetDesign.com.
3. A basic Burberry Trench never goes out of style, and with the light winter we are having in Los Angeles, this is perfect for a windy day.
4. I love a fresh pair of white skinny jeans. They can be dressed up with a black blazer and a statement necklace, or dressed down with flats and a tunic. Rag & Bone makes a simple pair of white skinny jeans that I adore.
5. A soft, light leather jacket, this Graham and Spencer version provides an updated moto jacket look that pairs well with almost anything. A perfect staple for the New Year.
6. We all need a new evening dress, and this Maxi dress by Diane von Furstenberg is stunning. When you invest in an evening gown, make sure you hang it properly, I have several different types of hangers that range from velvet to metal that will help to maintain and organize your wardrobe. Visit www.LAClosetDesign for closet organization ideas and products.
7. You can wear a black blazer for many years. I believe in investing in one quality black blazer, like this one from Helmut Lang.
8. I really can never have too many pairs of shoes, and I couldn’t resist this simple yet gorgeous pair by Michael Kors.
9. When I think of tunics I think of exotic vacations, and we all need that in 2014. This Tory Burch tunic has me researching a trip to Marrakesh.
10. Stella McCartney knows how to blend classic with contemporary, and this floral coat for spring is no exception.