Food Enthusiast- Dorte Lambert
1961 was an interesting year for historical events:
1. “Are You Lonesome Tonight? By Elvis Presley peaks to #1
2. Jane Fonda made her acting debut in the NBC drama “A String of Beads”
3. Poppin’ Fresh Pillsbury Dough Boy introduced
4. President Kennedy establishes the Peace Corp
5.“Animal-Style” Burgers prepared at In-n-Out Burger #1.
1963 equally as interesting:
1. Beatles release “Please, Please Me” & “Ask Me Why”
2. Wilt Chamberlain of NBA SF Warriors scores 67 points vs LA
3. Race riots in Birmingham, Alabama
4. Zip Codes are introduced for United States mail
5. In-n-Out Burgers hangs a banner to invite guests to “Try a Double-Double”, adding it to the menu soon after.
A Double-Double Animal Style. If you are going to indulge, this is the only way to go. This burger is for a serious burger lover who is hungry and in need of the all American classic. The bun is fresh, soft and crisp at the same time. 2 mustard-cooked beef patties with melted cheddar cheese, hand-leafed lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, extra spread and grilled onions.
A while back I wrote a blog “Is Five Guys better than In-n-Out?”. Growing up in LA, I had eaten at In-n-Out many times. I had never eaten a double double. On this eye opening evening I was driving home and hungry. I was craving a burger and pulled in to the always friendly In-n-Out drive through. I made a quick decision and ordered the big one!
My life will never be the same again.
Enjoy our Facebook page. Click "Like" to become a fan.